Last week Friday it was reported that a final year student of Anambra state university was shot dead by unknown gun men and the reason for this tragedy was unclear, but finally the student union government president released a press statement earlier this week.
Which states " dear students of chukka emeka odumegwu ojukwu university, the incident of last Thursday is barbaric and indeed uncivilized. My connections to this incident is holy and clear in every manner as I only stopped to offer my help to a helpless body that was soaked with blood on my first eyesight. I beholded the sad condition of when I saw a lying body on my drive back to my lodge after the burn fire night with two members of my lodge inside the union bus summing our total number to three persons all male against the malicious report that the bus was occupied by ladies. I made every effort and ensured the body was convened immediately to the hospital not minding the intimidation melted in me by the men if Nigerian police.
The sad incident is the follow up after intervention which I cried bitterly. It is pertinent to note that a total of 1 million naira was released for the student week and 10% was mapped out for security to ensure adequate security on ground throughout the event. We presume the person targeted was the director of transport because he tried to eliminate the use of motorbikes but instead shuttle busses to ease the burden of outrageous payments our student make to motor cyclist and the play out was indirectly what we all witness.
Lastly, I sympathies with the entire students and pray that the good Lord comforts us all. We are hereby required to be security conscious. And report any suspicious movement to any security personnel around. Thank you and God bless and for the sole of our beloved Muhammed rest in peace . Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment